Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Intrepretation of Witch - Good or Bad



When we were doing our 6PSM, I happened to pick up the above card for Obstacles in the main character, which was a Witch and after that I told out my story smoothly and uncousiously without me having to dig in my 'thinking tank'. After we came to the end of the story, Alex mentioned that this story really reflected each one of us, it really scared me to pieces, according to my personal dictionary a Wicked Witch is a Destroyer and it will of course build up every obstacle to hinder the progress. Where is the goodness? Am I the reflection of the Wicked Witch, Bad?

I even try very hard to trick Pricilla, Cheng and also X10 to do the reflection on the Witch. Hehehehe. But anyway, they give me a 'roundabout turn', so I turn to my last resort, our Sifu-loh. I sent him a short email and the reply he gave me was a full A4 page. I read a few times until I understand and he also send me this link to view differently about witches (http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art36823.asp.

I have been brought up in a cultural society, where good is good and bad is bad, never have I see what lie beyong the BAD. I read story books and watch movies where almost every resources protrayed the witch to be bad, and as a result negatively implanted into me.

"At the Forbidden Mountain, there lives a wicked witch who wants the black dragon to wake up from it sleep to create a havoc to the town. So, every given opportunity she will try to stop the sweet generous lady from coming and sing her song. At one time, she make a thunderstorm so bad that the lady can hardly see the way to the lake."


Either Bad or good, a Witch is a very powerful personal, who always trys every means to gain knowledge, and also spell of control.

My reflection:

I am like a seeker who are looking for something that will improve my life and also the life of the unfortunate in someway, but I may not realize that it is already inside me. In this quest, I have already embrace learning and received the knowledge, from the resources in the form of CPPD courses (Forbidden Moutain) and already have my own power to help those unfortunate to better the society so that they will be able to fend and improve themselves. But firstly, I needs to unleash and disrobe my 'unknown force' which is inner strength (wake up the black dragon) which I have unconsciously (the lake) try to block it from coming out so that it will not disturb my present contented, comfortable and monotonous life like (at the present moment, as beautiful, innocent, young, tranquil, perfect undifferentiated state as represented by the 'woman')

5 comments:

  1. well, life is always full of up and downs, things might not happend according to what we wish or plan accordingly.
    in real life, we might even meet with some one we dislike, doing some task we un-prefer, and protraying the personality which we do not want. there is always something unknown, sudden change or unpredictable.

    when it comes, just let it be....
    in this moment, you are still here.... enjoy~ Lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me share with you a poem which I like ....


    To be a Witch…

    To be a witch is to love & be loved.
    To be a witch is to know everything & nothing at all.
    To be a witch is to move amongst the stars while staying on earth.
    To be a witch is to change the world around you & yourself.
    To be a witch is to share & give while receiving all the while.
    To be a witch is to dance & sing & hold hands with the universe.
    To be a witch is to honor the gods & yourself.
    To be a witch is to Be Magick not just perform it.
    To be a witch is to be honorable or nothing at all.
    To be a witch is to accept others who are not.
    To be a witch is to know what you feel is right & good.
    To be a witch is to harm none.
    To be a witch is to know the ways of old.
    To be a witch is to see beyond the barriers.
    To be a witch is to follow the moon.
    To be a witch is to be one with the gods.
    To be a witch is to study & to learn.
    To be a witch is to be the teacher & the student.
    To be a witch is to acknowledge the truth.
    To be a witch is to live with the earth & not just on it.
    To be a witch is to be truly free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Witch = Wisdom + Initiative + Trustworthy + Caring + Honest.....
    It depends on how one look at it,(W=wicked...)

    Did you watch Harry Potter and his parents are ...
    Having the magic wand in my hand, what do i do with it depends on my wisdom and whatever I do, guess I must be prepared or know the consequences.
    Listen to the song from Enya: Only Time...and allow your body to move along it. Thanks for your sharing...
    Sorry I did not realize that you want me to reflect on the witch...I was playing with u instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be not afraid of the witch, I have many a times use her to express the 'not so pleasant' thoughts I had; she had provided me with a mouthpiece which otherwise might be left unsaid. I have made a friend of my witch, the chicken, bus conductor (to name a few)and occasionally one of them bumped me awake; the goat has help me nibble out bits here and there enabling to go through this with the group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be scare of the witch, I will take it more positively. Witch = Fear, I will need to overcome the fear in me. I will not be alone, but alot will accompany thru this journey.

    ReplyDelete